Black Pepper Pizza Bites
Flavor blast your movie night or party with these black pepper pizza bites. We like our bites a little spicier, but you can substitute any toppings you like in this simple, easy to prep recipe!
- An 8oz bottle of Elda’s Kitchen Black Pepper Cooking & Grilling Sauce
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread (or a bag of mini-bagels)
- Tomato sauce (you can make your own or take your favorite canned pizza sauce)
- 2-3 tablespoons of canned hatch chilis, diced
- 2 tablespoons of black olives, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons of green onions, diced
- Cheese of your choice, shredded (for this recipe, we used mozzarella).
Take a slice of sourdough and, using a biscuit cutter, cut out circles of sourdough (usually, we can get 2 sourdough circles from 1 piece of bread).
We cut out 9 circles total for this recipe, but you can cut as many as needed to meet your needs. You can either air-fry these, use a toaster oven, or a traditional oven to crisp up the sourdough bread.
While the bread is crisping, fill a bowl with your tomato sauce/pizza sauce to a bowl. Add ⅓ bottle of Elda’s Kitchen Black Pepper Cooking & Grilling Sauce and stir well to combine. Then add your hatch chilis, black olives, and green onions. Finally, add 1-2 handfuls of shredded mozzarella and mix.
Remove your bread as soon as it is crisp. Top bread with the sauce mix. Return your pizza bites to the oven or toaster oven. Bake for 8 minutes in toaster oven. If cooking in a traditional oven, preheat to 375 degrees and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Remove from toaster oven or oven, let cool, and enjoy!