Elda’s Kitchen Garlic and Herb Cooking & Grilling Sauce
An Italian classic, this muffuletta recipe is stuffed full of traditional flavor with a tasty Elda’s twist! Easy to prep and pack for lunch or dinner, this hearty meal is perfect for parties or to take to school or work. You can adjust this recipe to accommodate your favorite meats and cheeses! We do recommend preparing this sandwich at least an hour ahead of time to allow the flavors time to combine in the fridge.
- 1/2 cup green olives, whole
- 1/3 cup black olives, whole
- 1 large round muffuletta loaf (or other large round Italian or French bread)
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons capers
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup giardiniera
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Elda’s Kitchen Garlic and Herb Cooking & Grilling Sauce
- 1 pack of genoa salami, thin cut
- 1 pack of capicola, thin cut
- 1 pack of provolone cheese, thin cut
- 1 pack of mortadella, thin cut
- Olive oil
- Balsamic reduction
Add black and green olives to a food processor and pulse about 4 times until diced. Add roasted red peppers, capers, lemon juice, giardiniera, salt, crushed red pepper, and 2 tablespoons of Elda’s Garlic and Herb Cooking and Grilling Sauce. Blend in processor with the olives until it forms a spread (puree setting is great for this).
Slice the bread round in half horizontally and set the top half to the side. Using a spatula, coat the bottom half of bread evenly in your spread. Take olive oil and pour lightly over the inside of the top half of the bread. Then coat the inside of the top of the loaf with the rest of your spread. Be sure to bring the spread all the way to the edge of the bread as you spread.
Next, layer your meat in a circular pattern starting from the outer edge, working your way in. This is a really hearty, stacked sandwich so don’t be afraid to load it up with a lot of meat and cheese! Layer your salami, then your capicola, and then top with your cheese. Once your cheese is layered, top with mortadella (for this, you can fold into triangles and layer around in the same circular pattern). Finally, top the sandwich filling with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
Place the top of the sandwich on and press down hard. Wrap the entire sandwich in cling wrap and place in the fridge to allow the flavors to combine for at least an hour (overnight chilling will allow for even more flavor mingling).
Remove from fridge, cut into large slices and Enjoy!
- If you make this recipe at home, be sure to share with us by tagging @eldas.kitchen on Instagram or @EldasKitchenSauces on Facebook!