LOADED HOT DOG BAR
A variety of Elda’s Kitchen Cooking & Grilling Sauces
If you love loaded hot dogs, this recipe is a one stop shop for hot dog heaven! Perfect for a part or tailgate, this hot dog bar recipe gives you 4 uniquely delicious ways to knock these ballpark classics out of the park!
For all hot dogs
- Pre-grilled hot dogs
- Bacon soaked in Elda’s Kitchen Kentucky Bourbon sauce.
- Brioche buns
- Ballpark hot dog buns
- Onions, sliced and sautéed
- Roasted red peppers (jarred is ok!)
- 3 tablespoons of Elda’s Kitchen Jala Hot Cooking and Grilling Sauce
- Fresh parsley
- Bacon soaked in Elda’s Kitchen Kentucky Bourbon Cooking & Grilling Sauce.
- Sour cream
- Crispy jalapeños (or fresh, if you prefer)
- Shredded cheese
- Onion, diced
- Hot dog, steamed
- Cucumber, sliced
- Onion, raw & diced
- Elda’s Kitchen Hot Wing Cooking and Grilling Sauce.
- Pickle chips
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Jalapeños, sliced
Honey Ginger & Soy Dog
- 2 tablespoons of Elda’s Kitchen Honey Ginger and Soy Cooking & Grilling Sauce
- Canola oil
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame seeds
- Shredded carrots
- Wonton chips
- Coleslaw mix
- Wasabi mayo (store bought or homemade)
Start by adding giardiniera and Elda’s Kitchen Jala Hot Cooking & Grilling Sauce to a food processor and blending for a few seconds to combine. Take your empty brioche bun and spoon a little giardiniera on both sides. Add your pre-grilled hot dog, top with the giardiniera/Jala Hot mixture. Finally, top with roasted red peppers, onions, and fresh parsley.
Wrap your hot dog in the Kentucky Bourbon soaked bacon and place in brioche bun. Next, top with chili of your choice (Brie uses her Theo’s Steakhouse Chili recipe, which you can find here). Next, top with sour cream, shredded cheese, jalapeños, and onions.
For this recipe, you’ll want a steamed hot dog to be more faithful to Chicago tradition. Place your steamed dog in your bun. Top with a drizzle of Elda’s Kitchen Hot Wing Cooking & Grilling Sauce. Next, layer diced onion, cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, pickle chips, and finish off with relish and jalapeños!
Honey Ginger & Soy Dog
In a mason jar (or other tight, sealable container) combine 1 part canola oil, 1.5 parts rice wine vinegar, a few drops of sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons of Elda’s Kitchen Honey Ginger and Soy Cooking & Grilling Sauce. Seal container tightly and shake well to combine.
Add the mixture to your coleslaw mix and toss lightly to allow the sauce to coat the slaw.
Place a Kentucky Bourbon bacon-wrapped hot dog in your bun. Top with wasabi mayo first, then Honey Ginger & Soy slaw and shredded carrots. Drizzle a little Honey Ginger & Soy on the top, some wonton chips, some sesame seeds and Enjoy!
- If you make this recipe at home, be sure to share with us by tagging @eldas.kitchen on Instagram or @EldasKitchenSauces on Facebook!