SPYKI CANDIED PECANS
The perfect sweet treat with a little heat, these Spyki candied pecans are sure to be a winner at your next party. This recipe is for half a batch, so we recommend doubling it if serving to a group.
- 2-3 tablespoons Elda’s Kitchen Spyki Cooking & Grilling Sauce
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons of cinnamon (optional)
- 2 heaping cups of whole pecans
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional if you want more kick)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly whisk one egg white in a medium bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon to the egg white and whisk to combine until mixture thickens. Add a pinch of salt while mixing. If adding optional red pepper flakes, you can do so now.
Add Elda’s Kitchen Spyki Cooking & Grilling Sauce and mix to combine. Add 2 heaping cups of pecans and mix with a spatula to coat.
Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Pour melted butter on foil and spread with spatula to coat foil.
Using the spatula, spread the pecan mix over the buttered foil. Use spatula to toss/flip pecans to coat in butter. Separate and spread pecans as much as possible to avoid clumps.
Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Let sit to dry and cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
COOKING & GRILLING SAUCE